Sunday, September 26, 2010

Irish half-siblings marry, expect second child

This relationship seems to be a type of genetic sexual attraction. The siblings started dating and had conceived a child before they even discovered that they have the same father. Because of the pregnancy they have decided to stay together. The article is really long, but still interesting:

It is illegal for siblings to wed, and to protect themselves they have adopted the names of James and Maura.

"But I never had any second thoughts about going through with the wedding. A few weeks into our relationship I definitely knew that I wanted to marry James," says Maura. "I had been with other people but it was different with James. It was more intense, more passionate. I wanted to get married because I wanted to push things along. I was happy with him but I wanted more stability. I wanted to make a commitment."

"Now they are looking to change the law so that transgender people can change their birth certificate – but what happened to me was covered up," said James. "Ideally, I would have liked to have had a church wedding because we are both religious."

"We will have freedom. I was shocked when I found out that I was expecting. This pregnancy wasn’t planned and I do worry whether the baby will be okay. But then I remind myself that our first child is fine," says Maura.

1 comment:

  1. If they were smart they'd keep their mouths shut and just be happy.

    ReplyDelete